About the application …
Records of expeditionary work on the siding. The application allows to cover the full cycle of stay of wagons and locomotives on the siding and outside the siding. It can be part of the overall management of the transport process. The application generates all documents related to rolling stock traffic: waybills, R7, R25, R27 and other internal documents applicable at the customer’s. Due to the universality features, the system can cooperate with previously implemented applications, e.g. those supporting electronic wagon scales systems.
It is an invaluable support tool for the employees of the dispatching and expedition and sales departments. As an element of TransLink Master solutions it can be combined with other applications. The application allows centralized management of data provided and verified by relevant process participants, facilitates optimal management of the transport process, stores data necessary for monitoring and reporting the implementation of processes. In conjunction with data from other records and systems, it allows for a phased or comprehensive implementation of solutions organizing and optimizing the use of resources, improving quality and safety in rail traffic. The solution based on the IBM Lotus Notes application and portal allows for flexible and universal applications.
Problems to solve:
– Lack of effective supervision over siding processes,
– Lack of efficient use of available infrastructure resources,
– The need to ensure liquidity and availability of rolling stock,
– The need to ensure continuity of supply,
– Ensure proper flow of information between commissioning and executing staff.
– Registration of the entry and exit of wagons from the siding,
– Registration and monitoring of wagon stay times in specific tracks or groups of sidings,
– Registration of the duration of wagons outside the siding, including the mode of operation (rent, hire, own transport),
– Generating data necessary for settlements between contractors,
– Generating data on the measurement of the mileage of wagons between periods of periodic repairs,
– Registration of shunting team work,
– Registration of siding track occupation,
– Determining the amount of wagons on and outside the siding,
– Integration with weighing systems.
– Supporting the work of people managing resource efficiency,
– Automatic process control,
– Easy and precise management of owned resources,
– Effective use of existing rolling stock,
– Improving the quality of services rendered.